Reviews v2.0 – Easy Digital Downloads allows visitors and customers of your website to review the downloads offered on your website quickly and easily.
More from my site
Reviews v2.0 – Easy Digital Downloads extends the WordPress commenting engine so all review submissions are moderated and can be edited, which gives you full control of the reviews you’d like to display or hide.
The add-on comes with built in styling, making the reviews presentation beautiful yet simple. The CSS and HTML has been designed to work with any WordPress theme, making it exceptionally versatile.
All reviews include HTML5 microdata for Schema.org, allowing Google and other search engines to pick up and display the product reviews in search results.
Shortcodes are available to easily embed or reference reviews in posts or pages.
Several widgets are available as well for displaying featured reviews and recent reviews.
Reviews v2.0 – Easy Digital Downloads Changelog
v2.0: July 27, 2016
- Introduce a reviewer discount
- Introduce integration with Frontend Submissions allowing customers to submit vendor feedback
- Introduce new Vendor Feedback page which allows customers to submit vendor feedback and FES vendors to see feedback given
- Introduce minimum and maximum word limits that can be set for reviews
- Show a badge next to the reviewer if they have purchased the download being reviewed
- Migrated all reviews to their own custom comment type and create a separation between reviews and comments
- New Reviews download (Downloads > Reviews) page where all reviews are displayed
- Move settings to Downloads > Settings > Extensions > Reviews
- Move away from the WordPress comment form and use a custom form for reviews
- Setting has been introduced to allow voting of reviews to be disabled
- New TinyMCE widget introduced to make embedding reviews into posts/pages easier
- Added new ‘parent’ and ‘type’ key to API output to distinguish between reviews and replies
- Change API output to null if certain keys don’t apply
- Allow reviews to be enabled and disabled per download
- New meta box added to the “Edit Download” page to show reviews
- Fix HTML 5 microdata and schema issues
- Fix AJAX error that caused some votes not to be recorded
- Fix memory leak that was occurring when querying user purchases